AIM
dylanglow

Here You Lay {=MMD=} Here You Lay {=MMD=}

This should have a much better score.

I'm a little disappointed to see that this isn't higher up in the scoring. This piece is done fantastically. The lyrics and instrumentation are wonderful. I think the only like, hiccup I think I've found in the song is that in the first chorus when you sing "Even if I was the key" it seems to be very slightly delayed to the rest of the track. But seriously, this is great! Keep writing!

Nmbrs And Names Nmbrs And Names

Not too bad.

Nice work guys! I think you're gettin' the hang of it a little bit. The beats aren't bad at all, I feel the biggest problem are the vocals. You haven't quite nailed that hip-hop sound yet. The lyrics aren't bad, but the rapping/singing definately needs work! Keep workin' at it guys, you can only get better! ^_^

maddskwrl responds:

THANKS MAN ....WE TRYING LOL...PRATICE...PRATICE PRACTICE ....RIGHT

Message in a Bottle Message in a Bottle

Hmm...

I can give you that it's well covered in the punk genre. But I have to agree with Elxor a bit. There are certain songs that really shouldn't be covered or redone that don't stick to the genre. I feel like this is DEFINATELY one of those songs. The drumming was pretty badass and the guitar riffs were fluent and clean, apart from the intro. Unfortunately the singing, I feel, brought the whole song down a few notches; particularly when the unnecessary screaming was overwhelming and a bit out of place. Like I said, I feel the biggest flaw here is that you tried to cover what's a "classic" and it doesn't stick to it's genre. I actually really like this new-age punk genre, but this song doesn't belong. I've listened to some of your other tracks and really like them. Keep working hard! You have a solid sound.

~Dylan ^_^

Before glorious battle Before glorious battle

Wonderful!

It had a beautiful clean sound! If you don't mind, could you please let me know what you use for programs ans VST's? I just purchased East West Quantum Leap Colossus and it didn't do the job for me. T_T I'm lookin' for a real clean orchestral sound and just can't seem to find what I'm lookin' for. This sounds like it and I would really appreciate if you could tell me what it is you use. Also, the piece is wonderfully composed! It has a beautiful sound to it. It's not so much a glorious battle sound to me as much as a mystical land sort of sound. Great work!

leaderoffheidiots responds:

*takes 3 min to read and analize*
1. not so much a glorious battle i know, its the feelings before
2. im glad you liked it
3 its not composed, buncha sound clips staked together
4. musicmaker12, but i dont reccomend it unless you want to remix stuff, all the songs sound somewhat like this....... and many of the instraments only have one pattern

Cinematic Cinematic

Fantastic!

This is one of the most beautiful pieces I've heard on Newgrounds. You've really got it, the sense of ambience! If you read my other review on your "Ambient est1913" song I was talking about the sense of repetition with a bit of randomness in there. This is it, this is what I was talking about! Fantastic! Beautiful! You pick a synonym and that's what I mean! This piece makes me want to play Elder Scrolls IV... and that is a great thing! Well composed, my friend!

est1913 responds:

Thanks.

Ambient est1913 Ambient est1913

None too shabby! ^_^

There are a few things that catch my ear that I think might need a little work on. It's a bit repetetive, although that's not always a bad thing. With ambience there's always a sense of repetition with a collision of randomness mingled into one. The biggest problem I think is the synth you used is a bit too strong to be by itself like that, it needs to have something backing it; like a bass or an ambient synth pad or something. The tonal progression is fine, like I said I just think the synth should be changed to something more ambient sounding, or even try some reverb or something; it's just a little direct. You can lay down a beat, your drums are done very well. I think all in all there just needs to be a bit more... fullness(?) to this piece. Keep at it!

est1913 responds:

Cool. I appreciate the comment and will keep that in mind. Though since I have made that track I have lost the files in which I used to make it. Which stinks cause I feel the same about it at times.

somebody help me somebody help me

Good shot!

It was a nice shot! There's definately potential in this piece. Let's see if I can throw some pointers your way. There needs to be some more instrumentation and a bit smoother riff work. I know this is midi, so there's limitations there, but you can still score more to it. Add in a bass or something to fill it out, I see the idea of a single guitar in the beginning, just remember when working with midi files it has a very bland electric sound to it so the more sound to fill with is always good. I like when the other guitars come in, that adds a nice fullness to the song. It's a good melody, it just needs to have that 'umph' for a heavy metal song. Keep workin' at it! Also, a suggestion from me would be to try out somethin' like Fruity Loops, just so you can import the midi and see what it sounds like with different soundfonts and what-not. Keep at it!

musicman921 responds:

thanks for the advice but where can i get fruity loops for free?

The Specific Hum The Specific Hum

Horrible.

There's nothing even close to music here, and yes, it is quite annoying. Also, don't vote yourself a five, that's annoying as well.

CheesyNirvosa responds:

Hahahah, YAY!

Your my best friend teddy... Your my best friend teddy...

Hmm...

I enjoyed it and I felt the idea of children playing and imagining. Well composed. But for crying out loud "your" is not the same as "you're". >.> Good piece all in all, a bit short though. ^_^

Sulfur-Ram responds:

The fact you can't edit text on your submittions saddens me... Short yes... But star Trek takes priority over all.

Abandoned Temple Abandoned Temple

Beautiful!

It's got a wonderful ambient sound to it. I can picture many a scenes in my head with this piece. It was beautifully composed and a great sounding instrumentation. Would you mind telling me what it is you used to make the instruments and vocals for this piece. Magnificent, my friend.